Fresh Pea And Ham Hock Soup
- 50 gm Butter
- 350 gm Frzn peas
- 50 gm Plain flour
- 1 pt Ham stock Salt and pepper
- 75 ml Double cream
- 175 gm Frzn petit pois
- 8 ounce Ham hock, finely diced Croutons, to serve
- 1 x Ham hock
- 1 x Onion
- 1 x Carrot
- 2 x Bay leaves
- Take the ham hock which has been soaked in cool water for 12 hrs. Place in a pan with sufficient water to cover and add in the carrot, onion and bay leaves.
- Boil for 1 1/2-2 hrs till meat is tender. Take meat out and remove from the bone and finely chop.
- Strain and reserve the stock.
- Clean the pan and heat half the butter and add in the peas and cook gently for 5 min, covered.
- Add in flour, cook and add in stock slowly. Cook for 15 min. Liquidise soup and pass through a sieve. Return to the heat and season to taste.
- Stir in the cream but don't re-boil. Add in petit pois and diced ham. Serve with croutons.
Leave a review or comment