Fresh Herbs and Spinach ScramblePrep: 20 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 2by Melissa & Alex2 recipes>
We got up really late this morning (after 1 pm!) and were HUNGRY. Trying to stick to our South Beach diet commitment and using what we had in the house, I came up with this. It was YUM!
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 small bunch scallions
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic
- 5 whole eggs
- 1 Tbsp part skim ricotta
- fresh parsley, rosemary, and thyme
- 7 slices turkey bacon
- 2 slices Alpine Lace reduced fat Swiss cheese
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter (or I prefer "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter")
- salt to taste
- Crush and chop garlic and add to pan with a few drops of olive oil.
- Chop scallions and add to the garlic and oil. Saute until fragrant. (I like it when the garlic starts to toast slightly.)
- Add spinach, olive oil, and salt, if desired. Wilt until spinach is about half of original volume.
- Set aside in a separate bowl.
- In the same pan cook turkey bacon to desired crispiness, being careful not to burn it. Set aside.
- Chop desired amount of fresh herbs. (I like a few Tbsps of Parsley and less rosemary and thyme.)
- In a bowl, beat 5 whole eggs with the ricotta cheese. Add fresh herbs.
- In a new pan, melt 1 Tbsp butter.
- Reduce heat and add egg mixture to pan. Cook eggs as though you are scrambling them. Use low heat to cook slowly.
- Rough chop Swiss cheese slices and turkey bacon. Drain excess water from the spinach.
- When eggs are still wet but well formed, add cheese and bacon. Stir together and allow cheese to melt.
- Add spinach and combine.
- Allow the scramble to cook through until eggs are desired consistency.
- Plate and enjoy. Alex likes his with Texas Champagne Hot Sauce!
Leave a review or comment