Frank's Eggplant Siciliano
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 quart Marinara sauce
- 1 lrg Eggplant, peeled & sliced
- 1 lb Italian sausage, pan sauteed
- 1 lb Mozzarella cheese
- 2 c. Grated Romano cheese
- 1 tsp Garlic pwdr
- 4 tsp Basil leaves
- 2 tsp Oregano Black pepper to taste
- First, take a 10 x 14 glass baking pan and coat the sides and bottom with the extra virgin olive oil. Then pour a c. of the marinara sauce into the pan and spread it out proportionately.
- Next, place a layer of the sliced eggplant in the pan (making sure to work it into the sauce). Then spread on another half-c. or possibly so of sauce to cover the eggplant. Now SPRINKLE on some Italian sausage ... then some mozzarella...then some Romano...then some garlic pwdr...then some basil...then some oregano. Just try to get the SPRINKLINGS as proportionately distributed as possible.
- At this point, ladle on another c. of the sauce, spread it around, and cover it with another layer of eggplant. Now repeat the entire process over and over again till all the ingredients are used, and top off the dish with a heavy layer of mozzarella.
- Now, preheat your oven to 350 degrees, season to taste with the black pepper, and cover the dish TIGHTLY with heavy-duty aluminum foil. All which's left is to bake it in the upper third of your oven for about an hour
- (or possibly till the eggplant is soft and tender), then cold for about 20 min before serving.
Leave a review or comment