Flourless pancakes with berry compotePrep: 10 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 4by Enda Love75 recipes>
“In my 18 years as a personal trainer, I have seen this issue a lot,” says Mike Haddow, Personal Trainer at GoodLife Fitness. “I always tell my clients that what we eat for breakfast sets the tone for the rest of the day, both mentally and physically.”
- • 2 eggs (free range if possible)
- • 1 ripe banana
- • 1 cup fresh or frozen berries of your choice
- • 1 tbsp water
- • 1 tsp chia seeds• 2 tsp butter or coconut oil
- In a small blender, puree banana and eggs until smooth. Heat medium sized non-stick pan over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until hot.
- Add ½ of your butter/coconut oil to the pan and let sit for 30 seconds to heat up. Pour in batter slowly and make 4-6 small pancakes per pan. They should be the size of a soup can.
- Once browned on both sides, transfer to a plate.
- In a small pot, add berries, water and chia seeds. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until berries have broken down and the sauce has thickened.
- Spoon over pancakes and serve.
Leave a review or comment