Flourless Cashew CookiesPrep: 10 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 1by Comfy Cook86 recipes>
A cookie without flour thus without gluten. As much as the ingredients do not sound like it will hold as a cookie, that is exactly what it does. Nut lovers - this is for you and anyone else who eats.
- 1/2 cup margarine, at room temperature
- 8 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup roasted unsalted cashews, chopped, plus 48 cashew halves (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- Combine the margarine, oils and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer or a hand-held mixer; beat on medium-high speed for about 4 minutes, until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, incorporating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stop the motor and use a spoon to stir in the flour and chopped cashews.
- Scoop out the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls, roll into 1 1/2-inch balls and place 1 inch apart on the baking sheets (the cookies do not spread). Flatten slightly with the tines of a fork and press a cashew half on the top of each cookie, if desired.
- Bake for 6 minutes, then rotate the sheets front to back and top to bottom; bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until the cookies start to brown.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely before storing.
- Adapted from âThe King Arthur Flour Cookie Companionâ (Countryman Press, 2004).
Leave a review or comment