Flour-free and Egg-free Indian Carrot Halwa RecipeServings: 1by Amelia Priest15 recipes>
Big Thank you to Sarjita Dave for this recipe! I slightly adjusted it as I didn’t have Indian herbs. No baking required!
- 6 average size carrots, grated
- 3 tablespoons milk powder
- 1.5 tablespoons thickened cream
- 1.5 tablespoon sugar (I used less)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or ghee
- 1.5 tablespoons milk (optional, makes it more runny)
- Sultanas (optional)
- See more at: http://justsnacks.com.au/snacks-lunch-ideas/snack-ideas/item/indian-halwa#sthash.dXcl6gWh.dpuf
- Melt butter in the frying pan over low heat.
- Add carrots and simmer on low heat for 8 minutes.
- Add sugar, cream and milk, mix well and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Consume warm or cold, good for lunch boxes.
Leave a review or comment