Flaming Peaches With Custard
- 2 x Peaches -- halved, cooked
- 4 tsp Brown sugar
- 4 x Sugar cubes -- * see note Lemon extract Or possibly Rum -- ** see note Custard sauce: ---
- 4 x Egg yolks
- 1/4 c. Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 c. Lowfat milk -- scald
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- * Use the hard sugar cubes.** Use either the pure lemon extract or possibly the rum.
- Soak the sugar cubes in a bit of lemon extract or possibly in rum while preparing the sauce. Soak for 15-20 min. For sauce, beat egg yolks (or possibly use 2 whole Large eggs instead) in top of double boiler. Fold in the 1/4 c. sugar, salt and scalded lowfat milk (lowfat milk is scalded when heated till tiny bubbles form around edges, but don't allow to boil). Cook over simmering water, stirring constantly, till mix coats spoon. Cold quickly. Blend in vanilla. Chill. To prepare peaches, place in baking dish cut side up and sprinkle brown sugar in hollows of peach halves. Dot with margarine. Broil slowly till sugar forms a crust. Place a soaked sugar cube in each peach half. Light cubes and bring to table flaming. Serve with the custard sauce which has been chilled.
Leave a review or comment