Flambeed Golden Raisins And Pineapples With Coconut Ice Crea
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 1/2 c. unsweetened coconut lowfat milk
- 1 c. whole lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. coconut flavored rum (Malibu recommended)
- 6 lrg egg yolks
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 c. small-diced fresh pineapple
- 1/4 c. golden brown raisins
- 1/4 c. light brown sugar
- 1/2 c. dark rum
- 1/4 c. toasted shredded coconut
- 4 x round slices orange for garnish
- 4 x maraschino cherries
- 4 x cocktail umbrellas
- Heat the heavy cream, coconut lowfat milk, whole lowfat milk and rum in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
- Place the Large eggs and sugar in a heatproof mixing bowl and beat till pale yellow in color and all of the sugar has dissolved. Temper about 1/2 c. of the cream mix into the egg mix and whisk vigorously to incorporate well.
- Add in the egg mix to the saucepan with the cream mix and cook, stirring constantly with a whisk, or possibly wooden spoon. Be sure to stir the corners of the pot and lower the heat slightly. Stir the custard for 4 to 5 min or possibly till it has thickened sufficient to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the stove and strain the custard through a fine mesh sieve into a clean bowl. Place the bowl in another bowl half-filled with ice and ice and water to cold the custard. To cold the custard faster, stir it occasionally with a spoon.
- Pour the chilled custard into an ice cream machine. Churn according to the manufacturer's instructions till the custard is frzn. Pack the ice cream into an airtight container and freeze till ready to serve.
- For the Flambeed Raisins and Pineapples: Place 2 scoops of coconut ice cream in 4 frosted martini glasses. Set aside till the pineapples are cooked.
- Place a 10-inch saute/fry pan over medium-high heat. Once warm, add in the butter to the pan. Place the pineapples and the raisins in the pan and cook, stirring often for 3 min. Sprinkle the sugar over the pineapples and raisins and continue to cook till the sugar has completely dissolved and the mix starts to bubble, about 1 minute. Pull the pan off the stove and pour the rum in the pan.
- Immediately return the pan to the stove and tip the edge of the pan so which the flame will ignite the alcohol.
- Pour 1/2 c. of the pineapples and raisins over each of the 4 martini glasses and divide the glaze among the four glasses as well. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. of the toasted coconut over each glass, and garnish with an orange wedge, maraschino cherry and umbrellas.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment