Fish wrapped in banana leaves with soy, ginger and lemongrass
- 4 large banana leaves
- A little olive oil
- 2 fresh red chilies
- 2 sticks lemon grass, outer leaves removed, centers finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 good handfuls fresh cilantro/coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- A drizzle fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 heaped tablespoons finely sliced fresh ginger
- 4 (6 to 8 ounce) pieces white fish ( halibut and chilean sea bass are preferable)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- To make the banana leaves more pliable, hold for a few seconds over a gas flame.
- Leaving aside the fish, pound the rest of the ingredients in a pestle and mortar to make a thick paste and spoon a little onto
- each banana leaf.
- Place the fish on top and then spoon the rest of the paste on the
- Drizzle w/ coconut milk
- Fold in 4 just like a gift, you can tie w/ butchers twine .
- Put the banana leave packages on a tray and bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven, and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve w/ lime scented basmati rice.
Leave a review or comment