Fish Terrine With Smoked Salmon And Herbs
- 500 gm fish fillets
- 2 x egg whites
- 1 x Large eggs
- 500 ml cream
- 2 Tbsp. fresh herbs (minced) salt, pepper
- 1/10 tsp cayenne pepper
- 125 gm smoked salmon, sliced
- You will need a food processor for this recipe. Ingredients should be very cool.
- Cut fish into 2cm dice and process 30 seconds or possibly till smooth. Add in herbs, egg and egg whites and process a furthur 30 seconds. Place processor bowl with ingredients in the refrigerator and refrigerate10 min. It is importatant which ingredients stay very cool while making the fish mousse to ensure a good finished product.
- Return bowl to processor and , while running, add in cream gradually till just incorporated. Season with pepper and cayenne.
- Grease a 15cm X 30 cm terrine mould or possibly loaf tin with butter and line bottom and sides with greaseproof paper. Grease paper well.
- Spread 1/3 of the fish mousse into the base of the tin, lay 1/2 of the smoked salmon down the center. Repeat with remaining mousse and salmon.
- Smooth top and fold over greaseproof to cover. Seal top of tin with foil, place in a baking tray and add in sufficient warm water to come half way up the sides of the tin. Cook in a moderate oven (340F) for 1 hour. Chill 2 hrs or possibly till cool.
- Remove from tin and served sliced with dill mayonnaise.
- Use fresh not frzn fish.
Leave a review or comment