Fish soup Finnish-stylePrep: 15 min Cook: 70 min Servings: 1by Elena Sokolovskaya1 recipe>
Very nice and easy to cook fish soup in an Nordic style. Good combination of mild taste and hot spice.
- for a whole week :)
- 1-1.2 kg Salmon
- 4-5 middle-size potatoes
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 onion
- 0.5 kg cream
- red hot pepper, salt,
- bunch-onion/dill/parsley - on your own taste
- It's better to use a whole fresh salmon, peeled of scale.
- Stew a salmon with a whole cleaned onion in a large pot for approx. 45 minutes. It's better to boil it with a head (but without gills!). So we get flavor and rich bouillon.
- At this time clean and cut potatoes into small cubes and carrot into slim strips.
- When the fish is ready, get it out on the plate and put vegetables into broth. Now it's their time to be stewed.
- While vegetables are preparing, skin and bone the fish and slice it into pieces (better not too small).
- When potato and carrot are done, put fish back in the soup and put cream in. Continue stewing for a while. If you want your soup to be thick, add some flour. Add some salt and red pepper in the end.
- In 3 minutes the soup is already done.
- Add greenery when serving.
- You can also put red caviar in the portion - this will make your dish really Nordic!
Leave a review or comment