Fish Cakes With Romesco Sauce
- Fish cakes
- 450 gm cooked white fish (haddock codling whiting)
- 1 x fillet of smoked haddock cooked 500g mashed potatoes
- 2 lrg Large eggs
- 40 gm butter melted
- 1 tsp horseradish relish
- 1 x heaped tbsp minced parsley
- 1 Tbsp. plain flour seasoned
- 150 gm fresh breadcrumbs Romesco sauce
- 1 lrg red chilli halved and deseeded
- 1 x extra large tomato halved
- 3 clv garlic peeled left whole
- 100 gm blanched hazelnuts and almonds extravirgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. minced parsley
- For the fish cakes flake the fish into a bowl.
- Beat 1 egg and the butter into the mashed potatoes then add in the horseradish parsley salt and pepper.
- Add in the fish and shape into 4 fish cakes.
- Coat each one in flour dip into the remaining egg (beaten) then into the breadcrumbs.
- Refrigeratethen shallowfry in vegetable oil till golden and crispy.
- For the sauce place the chilli tomato arlic and nuts on a baking tray.
- Drizzle over 1tbsp oil and roast in the top of a reheated oven (190C1375F/Gas Mark 5) for about 20 minuteuntil the vegetables are tender. (Watch the nuts don't burn.)
- Tip everything into a food processor add in the vinegar and parsley and process till blended then slowly add in about 3 tbsp oil: sufficient to give a thickish puree.
- Season to taste and serve with the fish cakes.
- The fish cakes can be fully prepared the day before refrigerated then cooked just before serving.
- Serves 4
Leave a review or comment