Fillet Of Beef With Horseradish Sauce
- 8 lb beef tenderloin - (to 10)
- 1 Tbsp. Tabasco sauce Beef Rub (see below)
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil Horseradish Sauce (see recipe)
- 2 Tbsp. sweet paprika
- 1 Tbsp. garlic pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. coarsely-grnd black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. dry thyme
- 1 Tbsp. dry basil
- 1 Tbsp. dry parsley
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Combine the Beef Rub ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Trim all the fat from the tenderloin and slice off the silver skin. Fold the thin end under so the tenderloin is the same thickness on both ends. Tie the tenderloin with butcher's twine every 2 to 3 inches (or possibly have your butcher do it). Rub the meat with the Tabasco and dry rub and chill for 24 hrs.
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat.
- Thread the beef with a long skewer from a rotisserie and secure with the forks. Place the meat on the grill and baste with extra virgin olive oil. Cook 35 to 40 min or possibly till desired doneness. Remove and let the meat rest 10 min before slicing. Serve with Horseradish Sauce.
- This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.
- Comments: Beef fillet is the boneless tenderloin, that is extremely tender. It is always cooked quickly and never eaten well done. Fillet is expensive, especially around the holidays, so find one on sale, buy it, and freeze it. You'll be glad you did. If which jar of horseradish in the refrigerator is more than a few months old, it's time to buy a new one.
Leave a review or comment