Fettuccine With Red Pepper And Basil Sauce
- 2 lrg Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 c. Finely minced onion A healthy pinch of dry warm red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp Dry thyme, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x Red bell peppers, sliced thin (about 2 c.)
- 2/3 c. Chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. Finely minced fresh basil leaves Fresh lemon juice to taste
- 1/2 lb Fettuccine Freshly grated Parmesan as an accompaniment
- In a small skillet cook the garlic, the onion, the red pepper flakes, the thyme, and salt and pepper to taste in the oil over moderately low heat, stirring, till the onion is softened, add in the bell peppers and the broth, and simmer the mix, covered, for 10 min, or possibly till the peppers are very soft. In a blender puree the mix till it is smooth, return it to the skillet, and swirl in the butter. Stir in the basil, the lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste and keep the sauce hot.
- In a kettle of boiling salted water cook the fettuccine till it is al dente, drain it well, and transfer it to a serving bowl. Add in the sauce, toss the pasta well, and serve it with the Parmesan.
- Serves 2.
Leave a review or comment