Fenugreek Flavored Lentil CurryPrep: 30 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 3by Foodybuddy5 recipes>
This traditional Indian dish is often served over rice or roti . This recipe is the combination of fenugreek leaves, toor dal and bengal gram dal. It is not only delicious, a good source of non-meat protein and it also has a number of health benefits. It taste absolutely delicious when you eat it with a tsp of ghee.
- 1 Small Bunch of Fenugreek Leaves, Chopped
- To Pressure Cook
- 1/4 Cup of Toor Dal
- 1/4 Cup of Bengal gram Dal
- 1 Medium Size Tomato, Finely Chopped
- 1 Green Chilly, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Tsp of Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp of Oil
- 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 2 Cups of Water
- To Temper
- 3 Tsp of Oil
- 1 Tsp of Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp of Urad dal
- 1/2 Tsp of Cumin
- 1 Red Chilly
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- Curry Leaves
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Finely Chopped
- Soak both the dals in enough water for 1/2 hr. Drain the water and wash the dals in cold tap water. Keep this aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add toor dal, bengal gram dal, turmeric powder, oil, salt, chopped tomato, green chilly and water, cook this for 5-6 whistles. Switch off the stove.
- Heat oil in a pan, add red chillies (break it), mustard seeds, urad dal and cumin. After they sizzles, add a pinch of asafoetida, curry leaves and chopped garlic, fry for 1-2 mins.
- Add chopped fenugreek, saute for 1 min.
- Add the cooked dal to a pan, cook it for 2 mins. Check the salt and switch off the stove.
- Hot Fenugreek flavored lentil curry is ready.
Leave a review or comment