Fennel And Apple Salad With Apple Vinaigrette And Toasted Hazelnuts
- apple vinagrette:
- 1/2 x tart green apple peeled cored and minced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped shallots
- 1 tsp mild mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 c. cider vinegar
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd pepper to taste
- 2 x fennel bulbs trimmed cored and thinly sliced
- 4 x tart sweet red apples cored and thinly sliced
- 4 c. young spinach Lee
- 1 c. (4 ounces) hazelnuts toasted skinned and coarsely minced
- 1 c. (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a blender or possibly food processor combine all vinaigrette ingredients and process till emulsified.
- In a large bowl combine fennel apples spinach and hazelnuts.
- Toss well with vinaigrette and sprinkle with cheese.
- Pureed apples emulsify and sweeten this mustard spiked dressing.
Leave a review or comment