Favorite Creamy ColeslawPrep: 15 min Servings: 8by Frosted Flaker7 recipes>
For me, this has just the right balance of slaw to dressing. A true creamy slaw delight. Keep in mind this produces a VERY creamy version of coleslaw. To reduce the creaminess, simply add a bit more cabbage.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon dill seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped (any type onion)
- 4 cups cabbage, thinly sliced or chopped (about 1/2 medium head, or use equivalent amount of package slaw mix)
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- In large glass or plastic bowl mix mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, lemon juice, mustard, celery seed, dill seed, salt, pepper and onion.
- Stir in cabbage and carrots, tossing until evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate one hour to blend flavors.
Leave a review or comment