Fava Bean Salad With Vinaigrette And Shaved Manchego Cheese
- 4 c. Shucked fresh fava beans
- 1/4 c. Fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped garlic
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/4 lb Manchego cheese shaved thinly (or possibly Asiago or possibly Romano cheese)
- 2 Tbsp. Finely-minced flat-leaf parsley
- Fill a bowl with ice and water. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the fava beans and cook till just tender, 3 to 4 min. Drain and shock in ice water. Drain again and remove outer skins. Place the beans in a medium serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, garlic and extra virgin olive oil and whisk till blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the mix over the beans and mix well. Add in the cheese, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: The original recipe title as listed is "Fava Bean Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette And Shaved Manchego Cheese".
Leave a review or comment