- 1/3 lb lean grnd beef Seasoned salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 x plain hamburger bun
- 1/2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. minced iceberg lettuce
- 1 x tomato slice
- 1/2 Tbsp. mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish
- 1 Tbsp. minced onion
- 3 x dill pickle slices (hamburger slices)
- 1 slc American cheese
- Form the grnd beef into a patty which is about 1 inch wider than the circumference of the hamburger bun.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan to medium/high heat. Fry the patty in the pan for 3 to 4 min per side or possibly till done. Season both sides of the beef with seasoned salt and grnd black pepper.
- As the meat cooks prepare the bun by spreading approximately 1/2 Tbsp. of mayonnaise on the face of the top bun. Place the lettuce on the mayonnaise, followed by the tomato slice.
- When the beef is done place the patty on the bottom bun. Spread about 1/2 Tbsp. of mustard over the top of the beef patty. Spoon about 1/2 Tbsp. of relish over the mustard. Sprinkle the minced onion onto the relish. Arrange the pickles on the minced onion.
- Bring the two halves of the burger together and serve with gumption.
- This recipe yields 1 hamburger cheese.
- NOTES : Tidbits - If you want cheese on your burger, put a slice of American cheese on the face of the bottom bun before adding the beef patty. The heat from the meat will heat the cheese.
Leave a review or comment