Fast Cinnamon Yoghurt CakePrep: 10 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 9by Hina Gujral170 recipes>
The yoghurt in this cake gives it a gentle tang and ensure it is wonderfully light. The sweetness comes mostly from honey, and being made with vegetable oil, this cake has a deliciously soft crumb. The flaked almonds give a nice crunch to the topping but if you are not an nut lover than either you can totally skip the topping part or instead of almond topping any crumble topping would also go well.
- 1 Cup (225g) all purpose flour
- 75g ground almonds
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp (50g) honey
- 250g plain yoghurt
- 150ml neutral flavored vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- For the topping:
- 100g flaked almonds
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon in a bowl. Mix in sugar and almond powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, yoghurt and vegetable oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and fold gently until all moistened and combined well.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree centigrade. Grease 23cm (9 inch) round cake tin with butter and line the base with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and sprinkle almond flakes on top.
- Bake the cake for 35 minutes or until skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before serving. Before serving dust icing sugar over the cake.
Leave a review or comment