Fake Out Crab Rangoon BitesPrep: 5 min Cook: 12 min Servings: 12by Smokinhotchef312 recipes>
This recipe is a spin off of one of my favorite items found in a Chinese Restaurant. I've always loved this crispity outer layer coupled with the gooey center. Cheese tortellini provide the basic shape and mousse like center. A combination of condiments and ingredients popular in Asian cooking are used create the idea of crab sans meat. They're just down right tasty. These 'bites' make a boat load of appetizers, enough for 12-16 people, but once they start going they're gonna go fast and the portion rule may be blown respectively.The Creamy Rangoon Dip recipe can be found on this site as well, which is basically an extension of the cheese filling I love so much.
- 1 19 oz. bag cheese tortellini, frozen
- 4 oz. Caravelle Sweet Asian Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. spicy mustard
- 1 tsp. gourmet blends lemongrass
- 2 tbsp. less sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- In a large bowl, combine chili sauce, onion powder, mustard, lemongrass, soy, sriracha and salt. Mix well and add tortellini. With a rubber spatula, fold tortellini in with glaze until evenly coated.
- Spread tortellini out on parchment or foil lined baking pan and bake until slightly golden and glaze has set-about 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for several minutes before plating. Serve warm or at room temperature with Creamy Rangoon Dip. makes about 4 1/2 cups of bites.
Leave a review or comment