Eydie Gorme's Spinach Frittata
- 1/3 c. Salad oil
- 1 c. Matzoh meal
- 2 pkt Frzn minced spinach, thawed/10 1/2 ounce. ea
- 8 ounce Pot cheese or possibly large curd cream style, cottage cheese
- 6 lrg Large eggs
- 1/4 c. Freshly grated Parmesan or possibly Romano cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt Freshly grnd black pepper, about 1/16 teaspoon
- 1 c. Feta cheese, crumbled Plain yogurt
- Oil an 8x12x2" pan generously with some of the oil; sprinkle matzoh meal proportionately over the bottom of the pan. Squeeze excess water from frzn thawed spinach and place in mixing bowl with pot cheese. In separate bowl, beat 5 Large eggs till lemon colored; stir into spinach-cheese mix. Add in parmesan cheese, remaining oil, salt and pepper. Stir lightly to blend. Pour over matzoh crust, distributing proportionately throughout. Add in feta cheese to spinach-egg layer, distributing proportionately. Beat remaining egg till light; pour in a thin stream over the entire surface, forming top custard crust.
- Bake in preheated 425 F. oven, cooking about 30 minutres, or possibly till top is golden and filling is puffy. Remove from oven, cut in squares. Serve at once with side dish of chilled yogurt.
- Serving Ideas : Serve with mixed green salad.
- NOTES : This original Gorme creation is similar to an Italin frittata and a Turkish bokek.
Leave a review or comment