Extra Crisp And Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/3 c. butter
- 1 1/2 c. oatmeal
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar - (packed)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 x egg
- To make these work, follow the directions closely. They are somewhat fragile, but perfect for those allergic to wheat flour.
- Heat butter and set aside to cold. Place oatmeal in medium bowl. Stir in granulated and brown sugars and salt, and blend to break up any lumps. In separate bowl, whisk together melted butter, vanilla and egg. Stir into oatmeal mix. Refrigeratedough 20 min.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and set on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten slightly with moist fingers. Bake at 350 degrees till edges are nicely browned and tops of cookies are medium golden brown, 9 to 11 min.
- Cold well on baking sheet, about 10 min, before attempting to remove with metal spatula or possibly icing knife.
- Cookies can also be brought to room temperature and flattened more to make them larger, more crisp and lacy-like. Cover loosely and keep refrigerated.
- This recipe yields 18 cookies.
- NOTES :
Leave a review or comment