Exquisite Banana/apple breadPrep: 45 min Cook: 50-60 min Servings: 8by J. Gino Genovesi60 recipes>
The taste when one combines bananas and apples, along with spices is exquisite. It is fun to experiment with a variety of fruits and vegetables. Try this and you will say ah.
- 1 C. butter ( oleo or butter flavored shortening)
- 2 C.sugar
- 6 oz.lemon yogurt, or plain with 2 tsp lemon flavoring
- 2 C. mashed bananas
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 T. frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp apple pie spices
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 C. flour
- 1 C. chopped walnuts
- 1 C. raisins
- 1 C. chocolate chips
- 1 C. peeled, cored chopped apple
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar, vanilla, yogurt, bananas, eggs, lemon juice and orange concentrate.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, cinnamon, apple pie spices, baking powder and soda.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the butter mix and make sure it is blended well.
- Fold in nuts, raisins, chocolate chips, apples
- Grease/flour all loaf pans: If using 4 x 5 in loaf pan--should get 4-5 loaves If using 4 x 8 loaf pan, should get 3 loaves.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean
Leave a review or comment