Estess Maple Smoked SalmonPrep: 4 hours Cook: 15 min Servings: 6by GARY ESTESS80 recipes>
THIS RECIPE IS ONE OF MY BEST BECAUSE IT LAST A LONG TIME IN REF. OR FREEZER IT HARD TO STOP EATING,WORKS BEST ON GRILL-A SMOKER
- pounds - salmon fillet, skinned, and deboned. Cut into 3 or 4 in. cubes
- ½ cup - kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon - white ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon - ground Allspice
- ½ teaspoon - ground ginger or curry powder
- ¼ cup - packed brown sugar
- ½ cup - pure maple syrup not artificially flavored syrup
- In a 9x13 glass pan, lay the salmon fillets down first.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, Allspice, ginger and brown sugar evenly over the fillets.
- Rub the mixture into the fillets.
- Pour maple syrup over the fillets and refrigerate for only 4 hours, no longer.
- Rinse the brine off carefully, pat the fillets dry.
- Place the fillets on the Grill-A-Smoker rack, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Uncover, rub the fillets with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Grill on the Grill-A-Smoker for 20 minutes or until the salmon is firm.
Leave a review or comment