English Berry Trifle
- 10 ounce Pkg frzn raspberries in Syrup, thawed
- 10 ounce Pkg frzn strawberries in Syrup, thawed Cranberry juice cocktail or possibly Cranberry juice (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. Raspberry or possibly blackberry rum (optional)
- 1 x Recipe Vanilla Custard Pudding
- 1 x Angel food cake(about 10 ounce)
- 1/4 c. Fresh raspberries or possibly Straberries (garnish)
- Place the thawed raspberries and strawberries in a large sieve and drain over a bowl. Place the fruit in a medium bowl and set it aside. Measure the syrup. You should have 1 c.; if necessary, add in sufficient cranberry juice to bring up the level. Transfer 1/4 c. of the syrup to a small saucepan.
- Add in the cornstarch and stir to mix well. Stir in the remaining syrup and mix well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, till the juice thickens and turns clear. Stir in the brandy or possibly rum (if using).
- Measure out and reserve 1/2 c. of the fruit for garnish. Meanwhile, prepare the custard, cover, and chill. Cut the cake into bite-size pcs using a serrated knife. Place half of the pcs in a large straight-sided glass bowl. Spoon half of the fruit over the cake. Cover with half of the custard. Repeat to use all the cake, fruit, and custard. Garnish the top with the reserved fruit and the fresh raspberries or possibly strawberries. Cover and chill for at least 2 hrs and up to 6 hrs before serving. -
Leave a review or comment