Enchilada Sauce/Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 x Clove garlic, chopped
- 1 can Chicken broth, 14 ounce
- 1 can Tomatoe sauce, 8 ounce
- 1 Tbsp. Lime juice, fresh
- In large pan saute/fry flour in oil for one minute, add in spices and cook for an additional minute. Add in broth, tomatoe sauce and lime juice and bring to a boil stirring constantly until thickened.
- Assemble tortillas with chicken and cooked onion, laying side by side in pan which has been coated with sauce. When pan is full, pour additional sauce over top, add in grated cheddar cheese. Bake in oven til warmed through and cheese has melted.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce and serve with lowfat sour cream, salsa and jalapeno peppers to the side.
Leave a review or comment