Emeril's Chicken Pot Pie
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1 c. minced onions
- 1/2 c. minced celery
- 6 Tbsp. flour
- 2 c. chicken stock
- 1 c. half and half
- 2 c. diced potatoes, blanched
- 1 c. diced carrots, blanched
- 1 c. sweet peas
- 2 c. shredded chicken, cooked
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced parsley
- 1 x recipe basic savory pie crust Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 9 by 2-inch square baking pan. In a large saute/fry pan, heat the butter. Add in the onions and celery and saute/fry for 2 min. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the flour and cook for about 3 to 4 min for a blond roux. Stir in the chicken stock and bring the liquid up to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for 4 to 6 min, or possibly till the sauce starts to thicken. Stir in the half and half and continue to cook for 4 min. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the potatoes, carrots, peas and chicken. Mix the filling thoroughly. Line the baking pan with one of the crusts. Pour the filling into the prepared pan. Place the top crust on top of the filling.
- Carefully tuck the overlapping crust into the pan, forming a thick edge.
- Crimp the edges of the pan and place on a baking sheet. Place the sheet in the oven and bake for about 25 to 30 min or possibly till the crust is golden and crispy. Remove from the oven and cold for 5 min before serving.
- Yield: about 6 servings
Leave a review or comment