Emeril's Bam Burger A Tribute To The Wimpy Burger
- 5 lrg tomatoes - (abt 3 lbs)
- 2 med yellow onions - (abt 1 lb) quartered
- 5 lrg red bell peppers - (abt 1 1/2 lbs)
- 3 x poblano peppers - (abt 1/2 lb)
- 8 x garlic cloves peeled
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 c. distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 c. cider vinegar
- 1 dsh warm pepper sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- 4 x hard white fish fillets - (6 ounce ea) dressed, such as gro Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil Creole seasoning see * Note
- 4 x French or possibly Hoagie buns or possibly rolls (abt 4" to 5" long)
- 1/2 x recipe Maw Maw"s Slaw (see recipe)
- 1 lb sweet potatoes peeled, and thinly sliced into chips
- 1 Tbsp. finely-minced fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the tomatoes, onions, peppers, and garlic with the extra virgin olive oil. Season with 1 tsp. of the salt and pepper. Spread the mix on a baking sheet and roast till very soft, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and place back into the mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let cold for 45 min. Drain and reserve the liquid. Peel off the skin of all the peppers, cut open, and remove the seeds. Process the vegetables together in a food processor till smooth. Add in the remaining ingredients plus 1/2 c. reserved liquid and process till blended. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill. Preheat the fryer. Season each fillet with extra virgin olive oil and Creole seasoning. Place on the warm grill and cook for 3 to 4 min on each side. Fry the sweet potato chips in batches till golden, about 2 min, stirring occasionally for over all browning. Remove the chips from the oil and drain on paper towels. Season with salt.
- Brush both sides of the bread with some of the sauce. Lay the grilled fillets in the center of each roll. Mound the slaw on top of the fish and serve with the sweet potato chips. Garnish with parsley.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment