Eight Spiced Crispy Skinned Snapper In A Thai Hot And Sour Broth
- 4 x snapper fillets with scaled skin on Salt to taste
- 1/8 c. coarse-grnd Szechwan peppercorn
- 1/8 c. grnd star anise
- 1/4 c. grnd cinnamon
- 1/4 c. coarsely-grnd fennel
- 1/4 c. coarsely-grnd cumin
- 1/4 c. coarsely-grnd coriander
- 1/8 c. coarsely-grnd white peppercorn
- 1/8 c. grnd ginger
- 1/4 c. julienned peeled ginger
- 1 Tbsp. julienned peeled Galangal
- 1 x white onion sliced
- 3 x Thai bird chiles
- 2 stalk lemongrass, white part only Canola oil as needed
- 1/4 c. Three Crab fish sauce
- 4 c. chicken stock
- 3/4 c. rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp. freshly-grnd white pepper
- 1/2 c. Thai basil leaves
- 1 pkt Enoki mushrooms
- 1/4 c. sliced scallions
- Salt snapper and coat only meat side with spice mix. In a medium warm pan with canola oil, saute/fry meat side first till brown then flip and roast in a 450 degree oven for 5 to 8 min. Be careful not to burn the skin. May have to flip back over to finish. Pull crispy skin off and slice on the bias.
- Thai Warm And Sour Broth: Saute/fry till soft first five ingredients with a little canola oil. Deglaze with fish sauce and add in chicken stock. Simmer and reduce by 15 to 20 percent. Add in vinegar, basil and pepper. Adjust if needed. Strain and keep warm.
- Place small mound of Enoki mushrooms in the middle of a soup plate. Place snapper on top and ladle in broth. Garnish with scallions and chile oil.
- This recipe yields 4 portions.
Leave a review or comment