EGGPLANT PASTA SALAD
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 1 ripe tomato - chopped
- 1 clove garlic - large - chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley - fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 lb ditaliani or elbow macaroni, cooked
- Wash eggplant, prick skin in several placed with fork and bake in moderate oven (350 degrees) for 45 minutes or until tender - allow to cool! Peel and dice - Combine all other ingredients in large mixing bowl and add diced eggplant. Toss and mix well. Cover and marinate overnight!
- Cook pasta, al dente - drain and add to mixture. Toss and serve warm or cold. Last minute touches, spoon salad into bowl lined with lettuce, and garnish with tomato, lemon and green or black olives.
Leave a review or comment