Eggnog Bread Pudding With Rum Sauce
- 2 c. Skim Lowfat milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 c. Sugar
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 x Egg Beaters 99% egg substitute or possibly equiv to 2 Large eggs
- 12 ounce French Bread Slice cubed
- 2/3 c. Raisins Rum Sauce
- 1 c. Brown Sugar, Packed firmly
- 1/2 c. Corn Syrup Light
- 2 tsp Rum 1/2 t rum extract + sufficient water to make 2 Tablespoons
- 2 Tbsp. Butter Or possibly Margarine
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 F. Spray 13x9x2" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl, combine all bread pudding ingredients except bread and raisins; blend till smooth with wire whisk. Mix in bread cubes and raisins. Pour into spray coated dish. Bake at 350 F for 40 - 45 minutes or possibly till knife inserted in center comes our clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine all rum sauce ingredients. Cook over med heat till mix comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minutes. Remove from heat. Cold slightly. Serve over hot bread pudding.
- 12 to 16 servings.
- Not totally fat free, but sounds good.
- I redid a recipe last night, substituting Farm Rich No Fat creamer for heavy cream in a casserolethat had a cream and egg base. It worked quite well, tasted great, and the only noticabledifference was which it took a little longer to cook.
Leave a review or comment