Eggless - Wild Blueberry & Oatmeal MuffinPrep: 10 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 12by A2Z Healthy Vegetarian Cuisine29 recipes>
Know What you Eat: Wild Blueberries may be small but they pack a healthy punch! Sweet, tangy and intensely blue, Wild Blueberries are rich in phyto nutrients — antioxidants such as anthocyanin, as well as anti-inflammatories. These natural substances, found in fruits and vegetables, are believed to protect against disease and promote healthy aging… and with their powerful natural antioxidant qualities, Wild Blueberries are at the top of the antioxidant “A-list”! Lets talk a little about highly beneficial Oatmeal.. The oatmeal nutrition facts reveal even more benefits than previously thought. The facts are these: if you are looking for a delicious way to eat healthy, and you want to entice your children into eating well by offering them something that is quick and tasty, you need to consider oatmeal. It helps you lose weight : Oatmeal is known for being a food that "sticks to your ribs", meaning that it simply stays in your stomach longer than junk food. This longer stay in your stomach allows you to feel fuller for a longer amount of time. You will find that your body no longer is tortured with the constant cravings that come from simple carbohydrates. Thus, you end up with significantly more energy and less hunger.
- 1 C Oatmeal powder/flour (instant oatmeal powdered in grinder)
- 1/2 C Wheat flour
- 1/2 C All purpose flour
- 1 C C Brown Sugar (adjust to your taste)
- 1/2 C Applesauce
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 1/2 C Skimmed Milk
- 1 C fresh/frozen blueberries
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp aluminum free baking soda
- 1/2 tsp white sugar (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan. In a small bowl, mix the oats and milk together. Set aside.
- 3. In a medium bowl, mix flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Thoroughly blend in the oil and applesauce.
- 4. Stir in the oat mixture, and fold in blueberries.
- 5. Spoon /Scoop batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- 6. Mix 2 teaspoons sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, and sprinkle evenly over the tops of the muffins.
- 7. Bake 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- 8. Transfer on a wire rack if desired to let it cool. Best enjoyed in breakfast for fuller stomach.
Leave a review or comment