Easy Vegetable Veal Ragout
- 1 1/2 lbs. veal for stew, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/3 c. flour
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 c. water
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 2 teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules
- 2 lg. garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pkg. (16 ounce.) frzn vegetable mix (broccoli, green beans, pearl onions, and red pepper), defrosted
- Dredge veal for stew in flour. Heat oil in Dutch oven. Brown veal cubes in batches; return to pan. Add in water, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Add in wine, bouillon granules, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover tightly and simmer 55 min. Add in vegetables and continue cooking, covered, 5 min. 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment