Easy Sweet And Sour Chicken
- 6 x Chicken breast halves (Or possibly whatever chicken parts you've got)
- 1 jar sweet & sour sauce (I use La Choy) (up to 2)
- 1 can Sliced water chestnuts, rinsed & liquid removed
- 1 c. Sliced mushrooms (canned or possibly fresh)
- 1 c. Diced zucchini (Optional, but good)
- 1/4 c. Fresh carrot slivers, very fine Some marischino cherries, whole (as many as you like)
- 1 can (small) crushed or possibly chunk pineapple
- 1 x Fistfull of snow pea pods, trimmed
- 1/4 c. Shredded coconut (optional
- 1/2 c. Sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Wash chicken parts. Place in shallow baking dish.
- (make sure it's deep sufficient for the sauce, etc) Cover pan with foil. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes, or possibly till juices run clear. Pour rest of ingredients over chicken, and bake till sauce is bubbly. Serve over rice.
- (It's fun to pick up some fortune cookies to serve with this. You do not have to eat them - just enjoy the fortunes)
Leave a review or comment