Easy Naan Khatai RecipePrep: 10 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 4by Jasp Mittal9 recipes>
Naan khatai is one of the mouth-watering snacks that is loved by one and all in India. Naan khatai is a traditional Indian shortbread cookie or biscuit which is a favourite teatime snack. Even kids love to devour these amazing cookies. You can find naan khatai easily in any of the bakery shops across India.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour/maida
- 1/4th cup gram flour/besan
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sooji/fine rava
- 2-3 pinches nutmeg powder or grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ cup ghee or butter at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar or 2/3rd cup powdered sugar
- ½ tablespoon dahi/yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoon milk
- Few almonds or chironji (Charoli)
- Grind the sugar in a mixer and make a fine powder.
- Take an electric mixer and blend ghee with powdered sugar. You can also cream it in a food processor.
- Blend until the mixture becomes smooth, light, and creamy.
- Sift all-purpose flour, besan, baking powder, and baking soda. Keep the sifted dry ingredients aside.
- Now add yogurt or cream ghee and sugar mixture and mix them well.
- Now add dry ingredients into the mixture and add sooji, cardamom powder, and nutmeg powder.
- Mix everything gently and avoid kneading the dough.
- Just mix and gather into smooth dough. If the mixture is crumbly and you can’t bring the dough together, add 1-3 tablespoons of milk. Mix lightly and make the dough.
- Make medium sized balls from the dough.
- Roll them evenly into your palms and slightly flatten them.
- Press Chironji or almonds on the top lightly.
- You can also make some criss-cross designs on the naan khatai with the help of a fork or toothpick.
- Place the naan khatai in a baking tray.
- Keep some space between them as they will expand while baking.
- Bake the naan khatai in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees C for 20-25 mins till they turn golden.
- Remove and place them on wire racks so that they cool down.
- When cooled, store the naan khatai in an airtight container.
Leave a review or comment