Easy Italian Stuffed PeppersPrep: 20 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 6by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Easy Italian Stuffed Peppers is an easy recipe for a delicious stuffed bell peppers meal. Made with extra lean ground beef, Italian sauce, brown rice and Mozzarella cheese. It is also a low calories, low fat, low carbohydrates, vitamin-rich and WeightWatchers (8) PointsPlus recipe. Makes (6) Servings with a generous (2) Pepper Halves per serving.
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 lb 90% extra lean ground beef
- 3 cups traditional Italian sauce
- 6 medium size red or green bell peppers
- 1 (4 oz) bag shredded fat free Mozzarella cheese
- Cook the rice without salt or butter according to the package directions.
- Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until it’s well browned, stirring often to break up the meat. Pour off any fat. Stir 2 cups of the sauce and the rice into the skillet.
- Cut each pepper in half lengthwise. Discard the seeds and white membranes. Place the pepper halves in a 17 x 11-inch roasting pan.
- Spoon the beef mixture into the pepper shells. Pour the remaining sauce over the filled peppers. Cover pan.
- Bake at 400° F. for 45 minutes or until the peppers are tender. Top with the cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Leave a review or comment