Easy Fruit CobblerPrep: 10 min Cook: 50 min Servings: 6by Nancy Miyasaki193 recipes>
This is a super simple dessert that's great for a large or small gathering. I generally use nectarines or peaches and some sort of berries, but cherries plums and apricots will work too.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (or whole wheat flour for a healthy alternative)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh nectarines, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, peaches, plums, cherries or 12 oz frozen fruit-- mix and match fruits as you please and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position, and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put butter in an 8-inch square or 9-inch round pan; set in oven to melt. When butter has melted, remove pan from oven.
- Whisk flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Add milk; whisk to form a smooth batter. Pour batter into pan, then scatter fruit over batter. Sprinkle with 1 Tb. of brown sugar.
- Bake until batter browns and fruit bubbles, 50 to 60 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Leave a review or comment