Easy Cornbread DressingPrep: 10 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 12by myra byanka510 recipes>
Very tasty dressing that doesn't require making the cornbread first. You can prep it in advance and freeze it. Let thaw before baking. Also, you can mix it up and store it a couple of days in the fridge. Add 15 minutes to the bake time, if putting it cold into the oven. Note that some of these ingredients are probably not available outside the US, except on military bases.
- 1/2 C melted butter or margarine
- 2 stalks minced celery
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 bag Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Classic Dressing 14oz.
- 1 box Stove Top Savory Herbs 6 oz.
- 1 tsp. dry sage
- 1/8 tsp. dry thyme
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 32 oz. of chicken broth (4 C)
- The dressings both come pre-seasoned, so no need to add salt.
- optional: 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mince the veggies and sauté in the butter until lightly browned.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish and pour in the mixture.
- Smooth it evenly in the pan, bake covered for 30 minutes, and remove cover and bake until the top lightly browns - 10 or 15 minutes.
Leave a review or comment