Easy Chicken TeriyakiPrep: 5 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 1by Olive4 recipes>
This classic Japanese dish is so easy to prepare and always satisfy any hungry tummy. This is one of my favorite dishes to cook when in a hurry to put food on the table. I always use chicken thigh fillet because it’s tender and cooks quickly (you can use breast fillet if you don’t like dark meat or you can substitute fish, too ) and coat it with a little sesame oil, soy sauce, ground black pepper before cooking it on the grill or frying it in little oil.
- EASY CHICKEN TERIYAKI
- chicken thigh fillet
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- ground black pepper
- cooking oil, if frying
- Teriyaki sauce:
- 1/4 cup Japanese soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- a small knob of ginger, finely grated
- 1/4 cup water
- Slurry, or thickener:
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- sesame oil, about a teaspoon or more if you like
- spring onions, just for garnish, not really necessary ;)
- Preheat the grill; or if pan-frying, heat a non-stick pan in medium high heat, then add about 1-2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Wash and pat dry chicken fillet. Add a little amount of sesame oil, soy sauce just to coat the chicken then some ground black pepper. Grill or fry until browned on both sides; set aside.
- In a pan, mix together the soy sauce, mirin and water. Add grated ginger; bring to a boil then lower heat and let simmer about 2 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water then add just a little, about a teaspoon of this slurry , you don't want your teriyaki sauce too thick; you can always add more if you really want it thicker in consistency.
- Slice the grilled chicken into 2-3 pieces then add it to the pan, stir to coat the chicken with the sauce and cook for less than a minute, season with more black pepper ( optional) and lastly drizzle with sesame oil. Transfer to a serving plate, and enjoy!
Leave a review or comment