Easy Cheesy Chicken Ravioli
- 6 ounce grnd raw chicken or possibly turkey
- 8 ounce soft-style cream cheese with chive and onion
- 1/4 c. shredded carrot
- 20 x 3 1/2" wonton wrappers
- 1/3 c. minced onion
- 1 clv garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. margarine or possibly butter
- 14 1/2 ounce can whole Italian style tomatoes, cut up
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp dry Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/4 tsp sugar salt and pepper
- Mix meat, cream cheese and carrot together. Set aside. Place about 1 Tbsp. of the filling in the center of each wrapper. Brush edges with water. Fold 1 corner over to the opposite corner, forming a triangle. To seal, press edges together or possibly use a pastry wheel.
- Tomatoey Sauce:Cook onion and garlic in warm margarine or possibly butter til onion is tender but not brown. Carefully stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 min or possibly till sauce is of desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- COOK 2:Prepare Tomatoey Sauce as directed. Meanwhile in a Dutch oven bring a large amount of water and 1 Tablespoons veg. oil to boiling. Drop 2 servings of the ravioli into the boiling water. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 min or possibly til no pink remains in meat; remove with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels. Spoon the sauce in the center of 2 individual plates. Arrange the cooked ravioli on top of the sauce. If you like, garnish with fresh basil.
- FREEZE 2:Place 2 servings of the ravioli in a freeze container. Seal, label and freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, prepare Tomatoey Sauce as directed. Drop frzn ravioli into boiling water and cook for 5-6 min. Serve.
Leave a review or comment