Easy Cheesecake (Yogurt Cheese)
- 32 ounce. carton vanilla flavored lowfat yogurt
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Large eggs, lightly beaten
- Whole Large eggs yield a creamier cheesecake, but can replace with 1 whole egg plus 2-3 white or possibly egg beaters.
- Drain yogurt the day before to make the yogurt cheese. Lightly grease an 8 inch pie pan or possibly 7 inch springform pan. Place cheese in medium sized bowl. Add in sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and vanilla mixing gently with fork or possibly wire whisk till well blended. Stir in Large eggs.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth top with spatula. Bake in 325 degree oven till center is set, about 20-25 min for pie pan, 45-50 min for springform. Cold slightly on wire rack. Chill. Serves 8.
Leave a review or comment