Easy Beef FajitasPrep: 10 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 5by Its a Food Fetish18 recipes>
Easy fajitas with loads of flavor.
- 1/4 pound skirt steak
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly slices
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 Tbs olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 6 corn tortillas
- For the marinade
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, about 2 limes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 chipolte peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- sour cream, optional
- salsa, optional
- guacamole, optional
- shredded cheese, optional
- lime wedges, optional
- fresh cilantro, optional
- In a food processor, pulse together all ingredients for the marinade until smooth. Put steak in a resealable plastic bag, add marinade, seal and massage marinade to coat. Refrigerate the beef for 4 hours.
- Preheat grill pan or skillet on high heat. Add 1 Tbs of olive oil pan, season steak with liberal amount of salt and pepper, and grill over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. Transfer to cutting board and let rest.
- Using the same pan, add onions and bell peppers. Toss with 1 Tbs of olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Grill mixture for 10 minutes or just until barely softened.
- Dampen a paper towel, wrap it around the tortillas, and warm them in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Check to see if they are warm, repeat if necessary.
- Slice the steak into thin strips, cutting diagonal against the grain.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, guacamole, cheese, lime wedges, and/or fresh cilantro if desired.
Leave a review or comment