Easy almost homemade chicken pot pie
First I don't really care for the cheap pot pies in the stores they don't have enough veggies or chicken in them. So I made my own. I use Pioneer baking mix and green giant veggies along with Campbell's soups.
- 2 cans mixed vegetables drained
- 1 can Campbell’s cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 1 can Campbell’s cream of onion or mushroom soup
- 3 chicken breasts cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp minced onions
- 1 tsp chicken fajita seasoning
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp basil
- baking mix
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl place cut up chicken breasts, onion powder, garlic powder, minced onions, fajita season, lemon pepper, parsley, basil; mix well. Heat olive oil in a medium size skillet to medium heat. Cook chicken till done. In a casserole dish mixed the drained veggies, cream of chicken and cream of onion soup with ½ can of hot water; slowly whisk or stir until water is mixed in.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F; Place baking dish in oven let the veggies and soup heat for about 10 minutes. In a large mixing bowl take your favorite baking mix. Mix ½ of the biscuit recipe from the directions on the baking mix box. Roll out/flatten the biscuit dough to the size of your baking dish; then roll it up for easy spreading on the top of your baking dish. Once the chicken is done, drain it; take the baking dish out of the oven and mix the chicken in. Top with the biscuit dough being careful not to let it bunch up. Place back in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until it is golden brown on top. Serve Hot.
Leave a review or comment