Easter Bunny Cake (April)
- 1 pkt White cake mix, (18.25 ounces)
- 2 c. Heavy cream, (1 pint)
- 1/3 c. Confectioners' sugar, 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 c. Flaked coconut
- 2 dsh Red food coloring
- 3 x Maraschino cherries
- 1 x Tube black decorating gel, (0.68 ounches)
- Mix and bake the cake batter according to the package directions for one 8 inch square pan and one 8 inch round pan, making sure the batter is divided equally so the layers are the same height. Let cold slightly, then remove to a wire rack to cold completely. Place the round layer on a large platter. To make the ears for your bunny, cut two half moons out of two sides of the square cake to resemble a large bow tie shape. Place the cut half moons on top of the round cake to create the ears. Place the bow tie shaped cake (the one you cut the half moons from) under the round cake to give the bunny a bow tie. In a medium sized bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the cream, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla till stiff peaks form. Frost the cake with the whipped cream. In a small bowl, combine the coconut and food coloring stirring till the coconut turns pink. Place inside the ears and around the sides of the cake. Place the cherries on top, forming two eyes and a nose, and use the gel to make the whiskers, mouth, and the center of the bow tie. Cover loosely and refrigeratetill ready to serve.
- Note: Be creative and feel free to change the color of the coconut or possibly other decorations. (I've made this cake and used licorice for the whiskers).
Leave a review or comment