Easter Bunny Bread
- 2 pkg. quick rise yeast
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 c. flour
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 2 lg. Large eggs
- 8 lowfat milk chocolate kisses
- 1 tbsp. 10X sugar
- About 2 hrs before serving or possibly early in day, in bowl combine yeast, sugar, salt and 1 c. flour.
- In saucepan over medium heat, heat butter and 1 c. water till very hot (125 degrees). With mixer at low speed beat liquid into dry ingredients. Beat 2 min at medium speed. Reserve 1 egg white, beat in egg and egg yolk with 1 c. flour, beat 2 min. Stir in 2 1/4 c. flour. Turn dough onto floured surface and knead till smooth and elastic about 5 min working 1/4 c. flour while kneading. Shape dough into ball, cover and let rest 15 min.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease 2 cookie sheets. Cut dough into eighths. For 1 bunny: Cut 1 piece dough in half and shape half into ball and other half divide in half and make a small ball for head and place next to large ball tucking slightly under it for head. From remaining half healthy pinch off 3/4 piece for tail and shape 2 ears with remaining piece. Brush head, tail and ears with egg white. Tuck ears and tail slightly under bunny.
- Bake 15 min or possibly till browned. Repeat for each bunny. Place 2 bunnies on cookie sheet to bake. Mix 10X sugar with 1/4 tsp. water and a hint of red food coloring to make pink and use to draw faces on bunnies and in ears Chocolate Kisses can be placed in large ball for a surprise. Bows can be tied around necks. Makes 8 bunnies.
Leave a review or comment