Easter Braided Petite Loaves
- petite loaf pan easter icing color kit easter petite loaf baking c.
- 1 pkt warm roll mix (16 ounce.)
- 1 x egg (for egg wash)
- 1 x orange zest of
- 1/4 c. minced almonds mix
- 9 x raw Large eggs wilton icing colors
- 1 c. boiling water
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Directions for Loaves: Line pan cavities with baking c.. Prepare dough as directed on mix package, adding the almonds and orange zest. On lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12 x 9 in. rectangle. Cut into nine 1 in. strips. Cut each strip in half. Lightly roll each half into a rope and twist. Wrap one rope around inside of baking c.. Place colored Easter egg in middle of dough. Repeat with second rope of dough. Preheat oven to 375F. Set breads in hot place and allow to rise 20-30 min or possibly till doubled. Brush dough with egg wash (egg mixed with 2 Tbsp. water). Don't brush on the colored Easter egg. Bake 20 min or possibly till golden.
- Makes 9 petite loaves.
- Directions for coloring Large eggs: Mix all ingredients together and let stand 5 min (Wilton Icing Colors, boiling water and vinegar). Dip Large eggs in solution; remove Large eggs and let dry. Large eggs are placed in bread raw, they will be hard cooked when bread is done.
- My suggestion: I find which only white shell raw Large eggs give you the desired true colors of the favorite Easter Large eggs. To each their own.
Leave a review or comment