Easiest Pie Crust Ever Made (from the 1940's from scratch)Prep: 20 min Cook: 10-12 min Servings: 2by ChaCha Can Cook98 recipes>
This recipe makes a great pie crust recipe and pre-dates "Ready Made" crust products. Enjoy!!
- 1 ¾ C. Flour
- ½ t. Salt
- 2/3 C. Shortening
- ¼ C. Cold water
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In small mixing bowl combine flour and salt; then add shortening.
- Beat with electric mixer on low speed until pieces are the size of small peas, about 15-20 seconds.
- Add water all at once and beat on low speed just until moistened, about 10-15 seconds until dough forms into a ball.
- Divide in half and roll dough into a 12 inch circle and ease into 9 inch pie plate.
- Fold pastry under and flute the edges.
- Bake 10 â 12 minutes, then fill.
Leave a review or comment