Dry ginger(sukku kapi) cakePrep: 10 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 1by Anita Mary Amalor100 recipes>
This cake is so good that it reminds me of my childhood days. My mom use to prepare dry ginger coffee(sukku kapi in Tamil) with black jaggery or palm jaggery with ground coffee powder. Check out the link below to know about the benefits of palm jaggery. http://vivekananda.hubpages.com/hub/Palm-jaggery-in-India-and-its-benefits The aroma use to fill in the entire house. The one thing I always love is this coffee. Now being away from home I truly miss all the whole experience of enjoying this particular cup of coffee, but I am not giving up. This time I have tried to bring in the flavours of sukku kapi in this cake. Every time I eat this cake it reminds of my home. Th recipe of sukku kapi is in the link below. http://simpleindianrecipes.com/chukkukapi.aspx To tell more about this cake, it tastes like"Ginger bread man". Try it out and tell me.
- For the cake mixture:
- • 1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- • 1 beaten egg
- • 2 tbspn butter
- • 2 tbspn milk
- • 1/2 cup sugar
- • 1/2 cup instant coffee
- • 1/2 cup mixed nuts and raisins
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- For the Topping:
- • 3/4 cup sugar
- • 3 tablespoons flour
- • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- • 2 teaspoons dry ginger powder
- Mix all the ingredients uniformly in a bowl.
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180Â°C.
- 2. Add the egg, coffee, milk, and vanilla. Stir well.
- 3. Mix the flour, sugar, and salt.
- 4. Add in the butter.
- 5. Spread half of the cake mixture in a round greased pan of your choice(I have used a 6"
- 6. Sprinkle half of the topping mixture over the first . Spread the remaining
- cake mixture and spread the rest of the topping.
- 7. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- I have added the butter at room temperature for the topping to give a crumbly texture to
- the topping. You can also melt the butter in the topping mixture to give a smooth texture.
- Frosting of your choice over the top layer will also be a great choice to treat your taste buds.
Leave a review or comment