Drop Scone /Flap JackPrep: 20 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 8by Peter Brown100 recipes>
This from Grandma Connies book she called them drop scones others call them flap jacks whatever they are great I love them cold with jam and cheese
- 11/2 cups flour
- 31/2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1 egg
- 11/4 cups milk
- 3 Tbs butter
- Sift dry ingredients together,
- beat egg and milk together well,
- stir in dry ingredients and mix well,
- melt butter and beat into the mixture till a good pouring consistency is achieved.
- Heat a non stick pan not too high a heat and add spoonfuls of mix (size you require) to dry pan
- Fry on both sides till speckled brown colour.
- Serve with butter and jam or grated cheese .
Leave a review or comment